Information and Booking Site - Open between March 1 and November 1
New this year:
Online booking - look for the link on the Rates page!
Beginning Sept. 16, Amtrak bike roll-on option allows you to bike one way and ride on Amtrak back to your starting place with your bike! Reservation and fee are required for this option -- check out amtrak.com!
Our hostel provides lodging for hikers on the Appalachian Trail, bicyclists on the C&O Canal, and other visitors to Harpers Ferry. We are located one mile from the train station and Lower Town (free early morning rides to the train station provided for the 6:50 am Marc Train to DC). Rest in our spotless hostel, take a shower, meet other hikers and bicyclists, cook your own food in the kitchen or walk to nearby restaurants (the Anvil Restaurant, the Canal House Cafe or Mena's Pizzeria). Whether you are renting a bunkbed or a room, a waffle breakfast is always served with coffee and orange juice and fruit!
Information about the Enchanted Cottage vacation rental can be found on the "Enchanted Cottage" tab at the top of the page.
We will close our doors for the winter season on Nov. 2. Please do not send a mail drop unless you are certain you can pick it up by Oct. 31.
Call 304-535-6848 for information. Walk-ins welcome. Reservations are recommended if renting a room or the entire hostel. Church groups, school groups and Scout groups are welcome!
* Located at 1312 Washington St., one half mile W from the Appalachian Trail Conservancy in Harpers Ferry
* Rent a bunkbed in a shared room, rent a 4-bed room, or the whole hostel
* Beautiful and clean facility - central air conditioning and heat!
* Waffle breakfast included with coffee, orange juice and fruit!
* Quiet and peaceful - no train whistles to wake you up here
* Sheets, blankets, pillows and towels provided
* Fully equipped kitchen
* Laundry ($6 per load - we supply detergent)
* Common area with board games and books
* Wi-Fi and computer with internet free to guests
* Outside patio
* Two blocks from 7-11
* Close to nearby restaurants and Post Office
* 1 block from bus stop ( Pan Tran Transit Service www.pantran.com)
* Locked shed for bikes
* Parking behind the hostel
* mail drops- free to guests; $2 fee otherwise
* ask about shuttles in DC/MD/VA/PA/WV area (Dulles airport, From Thornton Gap, SNP to Duncannon, PA, on the Appalachian Trail)
* sorry, no pets or smoking or alcohol
* no camping due to town ordinance