The Teahorse Hostel will be open intermittently between Nov. 3 and Feb. 28 for the winter season. Reservations are essential during the winter!
We will be open for daily operation in the spring beginning March 1, 2015!
New this year - Online booking - look for the link on the Rates page!
Best wishes to all the hikers and bicyclists for a peaceful 2015!!
Our hostel provides lodging for hikers on the Appalachian Trail, bicyclists on the C&O Canal, and other visitors to Harpers Ferry. We are located one mile from the train station and Lower Town (early morning rides to the train station provided for the 6:50 am Marc Train to DC). Rest in our spotless hostel, take a shower, meet other hikers and bicyclists, cook your own food in the kitchen or walk to nearby restaurants (the Anvil Restaurant, the Canal House Cafe or Mena's Pizzeria). Whether you are renting a bunkbed or a room, a waffle breakfast is always served with coffee and orange juice and fruit!
Call 304-535-6848 for information. Walk-ins welcome. Reservations are recommended if renting a room or the entire hostel. Church groups, school groups and Scout groups are welcome!
* Located at 1312 Washington St., one half mile W from the Appalachian Trail Conservancy in Harpers Ferry
* Rent a bunkbed, rent a family room or the whole place
* Beautiful and clean facility - central air conditioning and heat!
* Waffle breakfast included with coffee, orange juice and fruit!
* Quiet and peaceful - no train whistles to wake you up here
* Sheets, blankets, pillows and towels provided
* Fully equipped kitchen
* Laundry ($6 per load - we supply detergent)
* Common area with board games and books
* Wi-Fi and computer with internet free to guests
* Outside patio
* Two blocks from 7-11
* Close to nearby restaurants and Post Office
* 1 block from bus stop ( Pan Tran Transit Service www.pantran.com)
* Locked shed for bikes
* Parking behind the hostel
* mail drops- free to guests; $2 per package otherwise
* ask about shuttles in DC/MD/VA/PA/WV area
* sorry, no pets or smoking or alcohol
* no camping due to town ordinance